Our Zoo Thank You Book

We recently took a wonderful trip to the Los Angeles Zoo.  You can check out the post {HERE}


To thank Zoo Pals for our grant, we created an "All About" book to give to them.  And I loved the tie-in to our writer's workshop unit on informational writing!

We began by talking about all of the animals that we saw at the zoo.  I showed the kids a Powerpoint slide show of the animal photos that I took while at the zoo.  And we also looked at these great photo cards that I have in the classroom.



The front of the cards have colorful photographs and the back of the cards have information on each of the animals.

My students decided which animal they were going to write about and they got busy!

Here are some of the completed pages of our thank you book!







I think their illustrations and sentences came out fantastic!
 photo blog signature png_zpsv5i1fn7d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment